Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday #224


Hi everybody and Happy Tuesday....and you know what that means!  Time for another Flourishes Challenge.  Today is actually Day 1 of Flourishes' fabulous sneak peeks so  for the remainder of this week we will be sharing our newest stamp sets with you starting with the beauty you are about to see below!  Are you giddy, yet? Well, hold on, because there's more!  You could win the ENTIRE June release just by playing along!  Our hostess today is Allison and the theme is "Open Sesame".  What FUN!  You can read all of the details here.  For this challenge, create a card or project that moves or opens in a non-traditional manner (FTTC224).  In other words, create a card that doesn't just open normally.  Maybe it has a third panel like a trifold card or it has a greeting tag that pops up when you pull a ribbon...the options are limitless.  To help jump start those creative juices, here are a few examples of some great card tutorials:


Alrighty, now that we have a game plan in place, feast your eyes on this peek of a beautiful floral stamp set by Marcella Hawley...



Hello.... gorgeous, am I right?  This stunning new stamp set features a glorious spray of wildflowers along with some wonderfully heartfelt sentiments.  It will be a 'must have' on your shopping list this week!

I am already in love with this stamp set!!  This was perfect for the project I had in mind this week.  As it turns out, my dear husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year Anniversary soon....so, I decided to make a keepsake project for the occasion.  I am really not sure what you want to call it...I looked at several different  options and I guess I ended up blending a few together.  Honestly, I think it is what a Transformer would be if it were a card...lol...ok, my nephew is 7 and a HUGE Transformer fan..lol.  Anyways, I wanted a card, but I also wanted to be able to put some memorabilia in there in a pocket and I also liked the look of a pop up card, so I have all three!  There are several pictures here to help you get an idea of what occurred here....it was not pretty for a while in the craft room and if I had to do it over again, I would definitely do a few things differently, but for a first effort, I am pretty pleased and it will definitely do what I need it to do. Brace yourself, because there are several pictures here...


How about that gorgeous new stamp image?!  At first glance it looks like a regular card, right? But then...


The top flap opens up and reveals the first layer...



 And here it is...hidden behind that little heart is a magnet.  There is a magnet in the card front too!  These hold the card shut because it is pretty thick!  There is a little pocket behind the heart too.  But wait, there's more!  Next, you can pull down the scalloped flap...


There is another magnet hidden in the top scallop of this flap to hold it shut to the back of the card.  When this flap is pulled down, it reveals the pop up segment of my card....


And tada!  There we are on our wedding day!  I thought it would be nice to have a small photo in this keepsake card. There is another magnet in the top scallop of this panel and then one more in the very back panel of the card....I know, lots of magnets here, but they seem to be working well to hold everything together until you pull apart each layer.  Hmmmm, I wonder if this thing will stick to the refrigerator...lol!  May need to test that later on... ;).  Ok, one more thing here, I did need to weight the back of the card down to balance it out, so I ended up using 4 pennies, and they worked like a charm!


This sideview shows the little pop up detail, the accordion style sides of my card, which is another pocket to hold things like a menu, movie tickets, or whatever mementos we have from our anniversary "date", and then a view of how the front panel folds completely back and acts like an easel of sorts.

Whew!  We made it!  But if you think that's something, wait til you get a load of what all of the other designers did...and I do mean ALL of the other designers, because today the Friends of Flourishes Design Team has paired up with the Flourishes' Finest Design Team to kick off our week of new releases!  Just look at that line up....you know these ladies are bringing it!  It ought to be quite something and plenty of inspiration to get you going!  So, come hop along, visit each of these talented designers and make sure you leave a little love on their sites while you're there!  Ok, clear off your craft table, pull out your stamps, and get to stamping...after all, YOU could win the ENTIRE June release!  Thanks for stopping by and good luck!  Can't wait to see what you all come up with!

AND if all of this wasn't enough, there is actually one more way you could win...


You need to find out who today's Mystery Blogger is!  Hidden among the Design Team is one Designer who has this set to give away.  Comment on that blog and you could win today's beautiful Picking Wildflowers set!  What more can you ask for?

Katie

Supplies:  

Stamps-Picking Wildflowers, Happily Ever After 

Copic Color Combinations:



  



  

  

  

  

and Y26, YR14, YR30, R17

Flourishes Classic Ivory card stock

Other supplies:
 Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle, Tim Holtz Distress inks in Tumbled Glass and Antique Linen, SU! Crumb Cake and Marina Mist inks and  Krylon 18KT Gold Leafing Pen

Paper:  Carta Bella 6x6 pad-Traditions by Samantha Walker; Cross Hatch paper-Martha Stewart Crafts

Dies:  Spellbinders Grand Scallop Circle, Grand Circle, Floral Ovals, Large Ovals, Heart, and Scalloped Heart
Embellishments:  Silk Ribbon-May Arts; Pearl Flourish-Prima; Pearls-SU!; Antique Pearl brad-the Paper Studio
Scor Tape....lots and lots of Scor Tape!


38 comments:

  1. What a stunning interactive card that just oozes with gorgeous coloring, beautiful embellishments, and creative layers! I'm in awe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take the cake with this card! It's an intricate, multi-paneled, secret door wonder! I just love your paper choices, the flower colors, the embellishments, your photo (Happy 10th Anniversary), and the depth of layers to this wonderful creation!!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I think this might be the most stunning card creation I have ever seen in my life. What a gorgeous keepsake. I can't image what wonderful works of art you will create for your crystal, silver or gold anniversaries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree this is stunning and I"m in love with this new set. Gorgeous card and wonderful stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous!!! It doesn't matter that I haven't seen the whole set, I KNOW I must have this one!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word, Katie, this is just amazing! Wow, I am speechless!! (Well, not really, but you know what I mean!)
    Totally gorgeous and creative and awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie this is absolutely brilliant! The colours, the details, the perfect embellishments, everything about it is fabulous. I love your 'transformer' card and will have to keep it in mind for my next anniversary. I also like the way you stamped only a part of this great new image, leaving room for your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is amazing and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! What an awesome design! Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, this is an OVER THE TOP design! All the detail and attention makes this a super special Wedding/Anniversary creation. Oh my, I can only imagine the time it took to create this. Hope your hubby appreciates! I sure do! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to come over from SCS when I saw your GORGEOUS card, so I could take a peek at the inside. WOW! What a fantastic "transforming" card! So clever and cool! LOVE every inch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy buckets GF! This is a-maz-ing! I love the side view so you can see all the fabulous layers you put so much time and effort into. WOW! I bet your hubby loves this one. All the embellishments on the front are perfect. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH MY Goodness Gracious ... Your card is absolutely exquisite!! Could you do a tutorial on your card pretty please. I would love to learn on you made it. It is just so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh MY Katie! This is amazing...WOW...Such elegance and attention to beautiful details! I love how you stamped the image to show only part of it and the insides are just as stunning. Beautiful work Katie! So fun to see you shine on the team :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Katie - this is soooo cool. Definitely a keepsake and definitely related to Transformers - everything is amazing and beautiful! Love it! huGz!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy canoly card-girl! This is one of the coolest creations I think I have ever seen! I am in AWE! I look... and then I look again and I see more and more detail every time! Good golly this is stunning! Your hubby is going to love it and what a clever way to keep a memory of your anniversary celebration. Might just have to CASE this idea for my own anniversary! Wowsers... once again Katie... you have blown my mind girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shut the front door!! What a creation!! I LOVE it! Gorgeous Katie - all around! Your husband will be so touched and in awe at this beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  18. KATIE!!!! YOU'VE PUSHED ME OVER THE EDGE!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!! WHAT A STUNNING CARD!!!!!!!!! WHAT A WAY TO REMEMBER YOUR ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!! (I'm ALWAYS trying to out-do my last card to my hubby & kids!) If I created something like this, I'd have to have time to RECOOPERATE & just let it SOAK IN!!!!!!!! :) WOW!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG this is such a stunning piece. All the embellishment, the colour, the design....all the elements are so well! LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have the most inventive card in the blog. Must have taken hours to come up with this extraordinary piece of art. Well done. Happy Anniversary. We have 46 years together....you will get there, enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, stunning card/keepsake/memory holder...truly a transformer of the card world :-)
    Happy anniversary :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Katie, you just rock the house! This card is amazing in it's fabulous detail. Let's see, from the gold leaf pen (the bestest ever) to that knock out bow (and I mean knock out!) to all the different panels, and surprise places (not to mention the awesome coloring) - whew! This is what I like to call a "sweet offering" Happy 10th Anniversary Katie.

    Hugs,
    Nana Banana
    P.s. Nana B loves the transformer image *hahahaha* you gave. We create not just with paper, but with words.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thud... Gasp... and oh my goodness... I can't even think of how much time you spent on this, First congrats on your 10 years, that is AWESOME! Second good thing you are giving it to your Hubby as then you can keep this forever with all the work that went into it. Simply gorgeous and elegant girl. I am SO GLAD you are part of the FLourishes Family! Simply outstanding!!! Rocked it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow...this is one awesome card....I wish I could see it in "real life"...as I bet it is breathtaking!! Love it love...(did I mention I LOVE it)..lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning - absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This card is AMAZING! Just the front is so breathtaking, then you open it and its even more so on the inside! What a treasure! You totally out did yourself on this one! Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary! God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW, WOW, WOW!! This is amazing. The front is so gorgeous and elegant, I didn't think it could get any better and then it did! I don't even know how you thought to put all this together.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good grief Peach! I bet watching you put this card together would have been a LOT more fun than playing Angry Birds. LOL Your design is outstanding and my favorite part is the pop put picture. It's just so sweet! I keep talking myself out of buying that fancy oval Spellbinder die cause I think it's the only one in the set that I'll actually use, but you are going to make me change my mind. This is just...just...magnificent! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Katie!! This is amazing!! What a gorgeous folding project and beautiful design! You always inspire us with your creativity and masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, my word, what a fabulous fold and a totally stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is just incredible, Katie. I can't imagine the time it must have taken. Well worth it and Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Katie, this is amazing! I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  33. So very beautiful, Katie!! I am in awe over all of those lovely layers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is simply stunning! Every element... stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh, Katie, this is GORGEOUS! I am in complete awe of the beauty of this card and the amazing card design - wow! It's definitely a "cherish forever" category, and (like Stacy said above), it's a good thing you gave this to Matt so you can keep it!! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete