Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday #227













Happy Tuesday everybody and welcome back for another Timeless Tuesday.  I am so glad you are here! Our hostess this week is the wonderfully talented Judy and she has a great challenge for us this week...Going in Circles!  Create a circle card (FTTC227).  How fun is that?!  You can read all the details here.  




For my card, I decided to make a Twisted Circular Easel Card.  There is a great tutorial for this card here.  I have made one of these before but it has been a while....they are a lot of fun to make!  I also decided to make this a baby card....I used the Hello Baby stamp set AND also another stamp set....do you recognize it?


On the little tag there are some pennants from the S'more Fun stamp set!  I stamped off once before stamping them in Memento Espresso Truffle ink onto my sentiment tag.  The onesie is also stamped in Espresso Truffle ink.  My sentiment is stamped in MementoTuxedo Black ink.  I used my copics to color in the onesie and pennants and an Atyou Spica clear pen to give it a little sparkle on the pennants and the snaps on the onesie.  Here is a  little closer look, although I don't think the sparkle is really showing up on the pictures....


The card base was made with Spellbinders' Picot Edge Circles and Classic Circles Large Nestabilities.  The sentiment tag was made with Spellbinders Label Twenty-Two and sponged with a little Ranger Antique Linen Distress ink.  I did some random stitching on the machine for a little interest on the borders.  My blue gingham paper is from the last piece I have of it.  It is from Making Memories and I am not sure they make it anymore....I have had this for quite a while (I tend to hoard some of my most favorite papers...lol) but I had to use it on this card!  The other patterned paper is from Carta Bella's Traditions 6x6 paper pad and was left over from the Anniversary Card I did a couple of weeks ago.  The onesie and sentiment tag were stamped on Flourishes' Classic Ivory card stock.  The neat thing about this card is the way it opens..it kind of twists open and then props up like an easel...hence the name!  


For the inside, I added the sweet little sentiment from the baby set, some ribbon, buttons and a star with a bit more of the gingham paper cut as a banner.  The front of the card props on the ribbon and button strip so it could be displayed opened like this.  As you can see, there is minimal coloring here and really, you wouldn't even have to color it all, maybe just a little sponging for those who are not huge fans of coloring.  The set is adorable and very versatile!  

    

Just look at those cute little booties....soooo precious!  

So,  hopefully now you are getting inspired to make your own circle card...but don't stop here!  Be sure to check out all of the beautiful creations by my team mates and make sure you leave them a little love when you stop by!  After you finish your card, make sure you link it up to the challenge!  If you use Flourishes stamps, your odds go up to win a prize!  So good luck and Happy Stamping!  :)  And, if you look below, we have a new Guest Designer with us this month....Margaret Gilmer.  I am so happy to have you with us this month, Margaret!  Can't wait to see all of your lovely creations!

~Katie

Supplies:

Paper:  Flourishes Classic Ivory card stock, Blue Gingham-Making Memories, Cream patterned-Carta Bella "Traditions" 6x6 pad, Kraft card stock
Other:  Ribbon, buttons, twine from scrap stash
Copic Color Combinations:
  

Ok, can you believe it....only TWO color combinations!  I think that may be a record for me!  :)


14 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! Wonderful colouring and execution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable baby card Katie! Love the colour palette and all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely darling! I love the banner stamped in the background and kind of vintage feel your card has. I even like how you staged the photo of baby supplies. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply stunning Katie! I love it!!! Love that you used the banners from S'more fun into it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Katie! Seriously how am I to not say that when I come here. Adorable easel card, love love the blues and creams. Now let's hope my sister has a boy. Yes! I am an Aunt for the first time, we found out this weekend they are pregnant. WOOT WOOT!! I am so excited. This is a great card to *case* for her shower. hee hee Awesome work girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOODNESS KATIE!!!!!!!!! This is SOOOO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!:) AND A TWISTED EASEL TOO!!!!!!!! :) I'M SMITTEN!!!!!!!!!!:) TOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spectacular is an understatement for this card, Katie! Gorgeous layout, colors, textures, and yes, even the photo layout. You ROCK, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore this, Katie! Just really an amazing work of art. The colors are beautiful -- I agree with everything Cheryl said!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness gracious this has got to be the most beautiful baby card ever! Fantastic use of that picot die and the colors---yum to the max. You've created a masterpiece again Katie girl. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is soooo sweet, Katie! Love the vintage look of the card and the circle easel card is super fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodie, goodie, I get to leave love twice today....you knows I love shaped cards, and an easel to boot. Your choice of papers, colors and design are just fabulous together. This may sound funny - but there is almost a romantic look to this baby card....must be because it is so homey and feels so huggable (I do think a card can be huggable), guess its that 'vintage' feel to it that is giving me those warm fuzzy feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely adorable!!!! One of my favorite sets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually don't remember seeing this set before! How absolutely adorable! Your card is so pretty - soft and vintage-y, and your pictures are gorgeous, too!!!


    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katie this is stunning. So inspiring lady!

    ReplyDelete