Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday #242










Hi there everyone....long time, no post for me. Boy, have I missed playing along in the Timeless Tuesday Challenges and our wonderful hostess, Deborah, has an awesome one for us today.....use burlap or canvas on our creation (FTTC242)!  You can see all of the details here.


 As luck would have it, I had just purchased some burlap ribbon a couple of weeks ago, and I had really been itching to use it on something.  I used an image and sentiment from the beautiful stamp set Autumn Blessings.  I stamped on some rustic card stock using Memento Espresso Truffle ink and colored it in using my Copics.  I scored and masked off a little strip across the bottom of my die cut before stamping my main image, then I stamped the little leaf multiple times across the bottom using orange and brown inks.  I had to blow the dust off my Krylon Gold Leafing pen and used it to add a border to the leaf trim and the edging of my die cut.  The rest of the card came together really quickly with a couple of layers of dp from Authentique's Thankful 6x6 paper pad, dark brown card stock, burlap ribbon, and some green twine.


Here's a close up of the leaf detail across the bottom of my die cut.  I colored the image really simply to tie in with the rustic cream card stock, frayed edges, sponged ink, burlap, and twine.  Isn't this image darling?  I love the sentiment font too...it looks so vintage to me!  Don't you just love those old greeting cards?  They are some of my favorites!  I can just smell the pumpkin pie in the oven now.... :)


Well, that is all for my card this week.  Be sure you check out all of the lovelies that my team mates have created....I am sure you will get lots of inspiration there...and make sure to leave them some blog love while you are there!  See you next week and thanks so much for stopping by!  


Katie

Supplies:
Stamps:  Autumn Blessings
Paper:  Rustic Cream card stock, Dark Brown card stock, Authentique DP
Other:  Burlap ribbon, Green twine

and the following Copic Color Combinations:
 

 

 

Plus YR000, YR00, YR01, W1, W3, E59, Y21, Y28, and R27

7 comments:

  1. Girl, I've missed you lately, but, good golly, you sure didn't lose your touch while you were gone! Unbelievably gorgeous!!! I love your "simple" coloring, and masking off the strip was genius! SO glad to have you back!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Katie! Love how you scored and masked your die cut. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, Katie. I sure have missed your beautiful cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card! Really great colouring! Love every element of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love your leafy boarder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been missing you Katie girl. Hope all is well. The delicate little leaves you stamped really kick this card up a notch which is hard to do since its perfect already. Beautiful done my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, Katie. Your coloring is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete