Thursday, October 15, 2015

Power Poppy October Release-Day 3!














Hello there friends!  I hope you have been having a great week thus far......if you have caught the peeks the last couple of days on the Power Poppy blog then I know you've had a great week!  ;)  Marcella really pulled out all of the stops for this amazing release....new additions to her Happiest Holiday Collection!  These beautiful images will make you fall in love with Christmas all over again....and again.....and again.  I am thrilled to be able to join in for today's stamp set feature, Wreaths Plain & Fancy....just get a load of this beauty....




The first time I saw this image, I had a little chorus of "This Little Light of Mine" pop in my head and it has pretty much been there ever since....;)  This gorgeous set comes with two different wreaths and several sweet little images and sentiments that you can plop right in the center of a wreath or use as an accent or however your little heart wants to use them!  I chose the darling single candle to put in the center of the larger wreath.......





Now I ask you...has there ever been a more precious little wreath and candle image in existence?  I don't think so either!  I also need to add that I had an absolute blast coloring her up (as you can tell from my extensive list of Copic colors below.....sheesh, I think I got a little carried away....lol).  I decided to do a circle shaped card to mimic the wreath shape and layered it up to give it more depth.  I chose my copic colors to echo the colors in the patterned papers I used so even though there is a lot of pattern and layering here, I don't think it looks overly busy.  I added a little Wink of Stella clear glitter pen to the candle flame and the berries and then added some Ranger Glossy Accents to the berries for more shine and then.... I added a little gold leafing with my Krylon 18KT gold leafing pen....I just couldn't help myself...





Can you believe all of the detail that Marcella can pack into a single image?!  I am always blown away!  If you are new to coloring, do not let all of this small detail intimidate you.....you do not have to be precise here....trust me!  You can dab a little of this and that like I did and come up with your own little work of heart.  If you will notice, I did not color all of the wreath in completely.....I left bits of very lightly colored areas to really make some of the other needles and leaves stand out more.  I also think this would be completely stunning stamped in a single color and left uncolored......gasp, did I just say that?!  That is the beauty of Marcella's images.....they are show stoppers as is!  :)  

So that is all for my little card today but you know that my incredibly talented Bloomie sisters have so much more in store for you.....so go check it all out and make sure you leave them a little blog love while you are there.  I will be joining back in the fun on Saturday with my next project so I hope to see you then, but trust me when I say tomorrow's Power Poppy offering is going to delight you to no end....I just know it!  :)  Until then, take care!

Christine Okken      
Katie Sims <------You are here 
Stacy Morgan 
Tosha Leyendekker
and Marcella Hawley



~Katie

Supplies not listed above:  Paper- Rustic White card stock from Papertrey Ink, Patterned papers from Simple Stories' "Handmade Holiday" 6x6 paper pad; Ink-Ranger Distress ink Forest Moss; Other- Spellbinders' die sets in Standard Circle Small, Classic Scallop Circle Large, Grand Circles, and Grand Scallop Circles, Stampin' Up!  Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, and these Copic colors-E40, E41, E42, E44, E47, E49, E51, E55, E81, E84, E87, YG21, YG61, YG63, YG67, YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97, YG99, G21, G24, G29, G82, Y21, Y26, YR31, R14, R17, R24, R46, and R81.

13 comments:

  1. Oh my heart, Katie! This is so gorgeous and has such a vintage, old-fashioned feel to it! I love this wreath with the candle (and, yes, this little light of mine...hehe!). I love the papers you've chosen and how beautifully you've colored the wreath for them both to show each other off. But the wreath is the winner! Hehe! Yes, Marcy's artwork is unmatched, and I can see this in a single color for a CAS card. But I do prefer this beautifully colored image, and I love that you've made it a circle card. And I always love seeing your perfect stitching! Oh, I hope to get the time to make so many Christmas cards this year with this new release. It's wow!! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I have followed your blog for several years now. Your creativity, Copic skills, and passion are so inspiring. I share your passion for that vintage look and gold accents!

    Do you happen to recall what the name is of the dsp paper you used for the background? Thank you for taking the time to answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Daphne! Thank you so much for your kind words and for your visits to my blog! You totally made my day! :) HA!.....the designer paper....I totally left that little detail out, didn't I? So sorry about that! I have corrected that in my post now but I will post it here as well.....I used Simple Stories' "Handmade Holiday" 6x6 paper pad. Thank you again, Daphne, for your encouragement! :) Take care!

      Delete
  3. What a beautifully colored wreath...wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has the most warm and wonderful down home country Christmas charm to it, Katie. I absolutely adore it! Big surprise, huh? I love everything you make! And it's not too busy at all. It's perfect! Love all the layering, including the double scalloped circle. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! Katie, this is soooo amazing! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie this is so beautiful! A fabulous card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my that is absolutely Gorgeous, excellent coloring and love the papers with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the traditional look. Very beautiful coloring. The papers are gorgeous!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie, Katie, Katie...your card makes my heart sing! I can't stop looking at it. There are just so many beautiful details here. Your coloring is gorgeous. And I love the sparkle of the gold leaf and the shine on the bitty berries. Sooo very lovely! THEN, you took all that goodness, added it to that wonderful patterned paper and made a circle shaped card with it. *swoons* I'm done! Absolute perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooohhh... a round card! I need to make one of these! The wreath is gorgeous Katie. The coloring is rich and fabulous to go with that lovely hint of stitching. The mix of designer papers is classic Christmas feel. Gorgeous wreath girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a joy this little treasure is. Your coloring is stunning my friend. I really like the mix of foliage in the wreath. I think I just may have to contemplate this being my Christmas card image for this year. :-)

    ReplyDelete