Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Power Poppy's October Stamp Release~Day 4
















Hi there and welcome back!  I am so glad you could pop back by today as we celebrate Day 4 of Power Poppy's Happiest Holiday stamp release.  I hope you have enjoyed the week so far, but let me tell you....there is so much more good stuff for you to see!  Today's set, Fully Stocked, is a darling collection of stockings.  Take a lookie....




Sound good so far?  I'll bet you will catch a glimpse of all three of these adorable stockings along the hop today.  For my card, I chose to use the gardener themed stocking.  It is chock full of garden markers, tools, a journal, and some branches of mistletoe.







































I started by stamping my image with Memento's Tuxedo Black ink on to white card stock and colored it up with Copics.  Next I used a stitched die to cut my image panel out and sponged some ink around.  I used a couple of die cut ovals in green card stock to layer behind my image panel.  To finish off the image I used some Ranger Glossy Accents and a Wink of Stella Clear Brush pen.  While letting that dry, I stitched some patterned paper on a wood embossed panel, stamped my sentiment and mistletoe image, sponged some distress ink around, added a button and some ribbon and then adhered it to my card base.  To finish my card I cut a little notch out of my image panel so it could fit snugly against my bow, adhered it to my card with foam dimensionals and rounded the top corners of the card.  The finished card size is 3 3/4" x 5 1/4".







































Is that not the perfect stocking for a gardener?  Oh, the possibilities for these images are endless!  Just wait til you see the other two stockings.....eeeeeeeep, they are precious! :)  And, there are a few other sweet little detail stamps in this set....you'll love them all, I promise!  

So that is all for my card today, but make sure you check out all of the gorgeousness from my awesome Bloomie sisters and leave them a little blog love while you are there.  I will be joining up with everyone on Friday for the Power Poppy hop showcasing all of the stamp sets.  Hope you can stop back by then.  If you haven't already, make sure you stop by the Power Poppy blog to see all of the release festivities!  So glad you were able to visit today and until next time, take care!


Cindy Lawrence      
Katie Sims <------You are here 
Stacy Morgan 
Tosha Leyendekker
and Marcella Hawley

~Katie

Supplies not listed above:  Paper-Rustic White card stock from Papertrey Ink, patterned paper from Simple Stories' "Handmade Holiday" 6x6 paper pad; Ink- Ranger Distress Ink in Antique Linen, Stampin' Up!'s Mellow Moss ink, PTI's Smokey Shadow, Chai and Chamomile inks; Other-We R Memory Keepers corner chomperMy Favorite Things Cross Stitch Oval Die namics set, Spellbinders Deckled Edge Classic Ovals Large die set, woodgrain impression plate, ribbon and button-all from PTI, twine, and these Copic colors-C0, C3, C5, C7, E02, E19, E40, E42, E43, E44, E47, E49, E50, E51, E53, E55, E57, E59, E93, E95, E97, E99, G29, G40, G43, G46, YG61, YG63, YG67, YG91, R11, R12, R14, R17, and R29.

20 comments:

  1. This too is a gorgeous card. I am loving these stockings. So vintage looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heart, Katie!! This is absolutely and completely YOU! I love this gardener's dream of a stocking, and wow, did you ever make a beautiful card with it! It's so sweet with the stripes and all the gardening items and mistletoe! I love the embossed background and your DP, and the "signature" stitching with the ribbon and button are just pure lovely! Stunning card, my friend, and I am in LOVE! I love the release so far, but these stockings have captured my heart! They bring back fond memories of when I was a child!! Can hardly wait to see the final set...and then BUY!! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! Great for the gardener or one at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card with this beautiful gardening themed stocking! Pretty coloring and details! Love the woodgrain embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully designed and crafted! (I have that paper too!) Gorgeous coloring, love the pretty greens....and now I will be singing that Hymn, The Holly & The Ivy....lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie, as usual you have added so many personal touches that make this so nostalgic, vintage, and cozy?..along with precious and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I've now seen all three stockings and I love them all! How could one choose just one set from this release? I know I'll want it all. You've given this the Katie warmth I love so much. The wood grain embossing is perfect and I love the earthy colors for your garden stocking. Cute the way you did the sentiment over the mistletoe, too. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card, I love the rustic look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie this is beautiful! Very rustic and country like. The wood grain background is perfect and oh I do like that ribbon bow! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great color choices and style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite stocking and I love everything about this card. The colors, dies, garden theme, background paper, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite stocking and I love everything about this card. The colors, dies, garden theme, background paper, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A stocking of gardening goodies, how wonderful! This card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Katie. What a fun image.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute and love the garden tools in this stocking.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous vintage feel to this and such a great image for someone that enjoys gardening and the outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have the ability to make things look vintage down pat my friend. Beautifully designed. The woodgrain embossing, papers,...everything is perfect. Way to go Katie girl! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ACK!! Oh my goodness Katie, I love this gardener's stocking. Beautifully done, love the wood grain background, your gorgeous colouring, I even love the sprig of holly stamped behind your sentiment - very nice touch. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete