Monday, March 13, 2017

Power Poppy's March Stamp Release~Day 4!












Hello there and happy Monday to you!  So glad you could stop in for Day 4 of Power Poppy's Spring Fling stamp release.  Today's sneak peek is featuring two stamp sets.  You can see more details about the sets over on the Power Poppy blog.  For my card today, I chose to use the incredibly beautiful set, Artful Display...





Just wait til you see all of the little doodads and goodies packed in to this set!  I remember when I first saw these images, I knew I would just have to color up that darling Staffordshire dog figurine first...and that is just what I did!   





































When you get this set, might I suggest you just go ahead and stamp out everything....'cause you are going to want to play with all of the little bits. :)  Ok, so I decided on a couple of the plates and my dog and colored everything up with Copics.  Next, I fussy cut the pieces and set them aside so I could build my "feature wall"...hee....can you tell I really had fun?!  I used a stitched square die from My Favorite Things to get things started and used a bit of patterned paper for my wall paper.  I added some stitching then stamped my sentiment.  I layered my "wall" with some more patterned paper, added some gold leafing, then adhered everything to another die cut layer from a dark grey card stock.  Then came the really, really  fun part....I arranged all of my fussy cut pieces on the wall!  

Here's a little something extra I like to do sometimes on my cards...I will use a mix of foam tape and glue dots to give varying dimension.  That is what I did here...I used foam tape for my dog image and then I used glue dots (which tend to be a little thinner than the tape) for my plates.  I know...minor detail, but I really like the way it ends up looking.  :)  Next, I adhered my assembled card front to a simple card base.  This card measures 4 1/2" square.









































To up the sparkle factor, I not only used my Wink of Stella clear brush pen but I also used an Atyou Spica pen in gold for the dog collar and chain.  I also used a Sakura white glaze pen to give a few of the flowers white centers.  





























And here is one last view of Marcella's beautiful handiwork...I sure do love her style!  I can most assuredly tell you that you are going to l-o-v-e coloring these precious images up...yep!  And then you get to play "decorate my wall" and design your own "Artful Display".  Doesn't that sound like fun?!!

So that is all for my card today, but my Bloomie sisters have some real treasures for your card and coloring inspiration, so make sure you check out all of that creative goodness, leave them a little blog love while you are there, and then if you haven't already....skedaddle on over to the Power Poppy blog to see the festivities over there.  I hope you will be able to stop back by tomorrow for the final day of the Spring Fling stamp peeks and the day when stamps will be available for order.  You will also be able to pre-order those dies that Marcella has been teasing you with....yay!  Thank you so much for your visit and hope to see you soon.  Until then...take care!  :)


Julie Koerber 
Kathy Jones 
Katie Sims <------You are here 
Stacy Morgan 
Tosha Leyendekker

~Katie

Supplies not listed above:  Paper-Rustic White and Smokey Shadow card stocks from PTI, red patterned paper from My Mind's Eye's Lost & Found "Ruby" 6x6 paper pad, gray patterned paper from scrap: Ink-Smokey Shadow, Vintage Cream, Chamomile and Chai inks all from PTI, Memento's Tuxedo Black ink; Dies-MFT's Stitched Squares die, Marianne Design's  Petra's Square Frames die; Other-  Scor Tape, foam tape, glue dots, Krylon 18 KT Gold Leafing pen, and these Copic colors:  G0000, G00, G02, G05, G09, G19, YG61, YG63, YG67, R11, R12, R14, R17, R29, E0000, E40, E42, E44, E49, Y18, Y26, W0, W2, W4, W5, W7, and W10.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! What a lovely and unique stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I love everything about this design. You rocked this set. That punchy colour combo (so awesome) and the sense of peeking into a room and looking at the sweet little display and the “wallpapered" wall and plates on it....amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - my - Miss Katie! I absolutely LOVE your "feature wall" and am already thinking about what wallpaper to use - haha! I read every word (enlarged, mind you....hehe!), and I love all the fine and delicate details and thought you put into this card. And I love the Petra's Square die you've used. Brilliantly done and beautifully colored...and only with Marcy's amazing artistry...in her own right in this industry! Stunning! I love it all and look forward to the grand finale tomorrow! Hugs and love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh oh oh... look at you miss upper class!! FANCY Miss Katie! Very upper class feeling, great coloring, stitching and dies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy! I can't wait to see the entire set! I love the thought of dishes and I surely love this antique porcelain dog! And a vase of flowers this one goes all out! Beautiful arrangement Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at that precious scene! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my gosh, the dog with the flower vase looks fantastic! And your plates have so much dimension the way you've colored them. Really looks like a bit of Marcy's home. Great sentiment with this, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's one stylin' pooch. Only the best for him so he's lucky you made this card. :-)

    ReplyDelete