Friday, June 30, 2017

Everything's Rosy for Power Poppy Friday!













Hi there and welcome!  I'm so glad you could stop in for a bit!  I hope your day is off to a great start.  Things are going very well here.  Today I have a Power Poppy Friday post to share with you using an image from the Everything's Even Rosier set. 

 I was in need of a special card for a very special person this week....one of my mother's physicians.  It was time for my mom's 5 year appointment with her oncologist.  This was for her final visit after her breast cancer treatments.  I cannot tell you how very grateful we have been that mom had such a wonderful physician watching over her.  She really took such good care of mom.  What a blessing she has been to mom, and to me.  We made a day of it...went to mom's final appointment (lots of hugs there), then lunch, some shopping....it was just such an amazing day all around! :)  































So for my card, I knew I wanted to use the roses image and I knew I wanted lots of pink!  I kept the card design pretty simple...just a couple of patterned papers, a little stitching, and a couple of layered dies to frame the image.  I stamped the image with Memento's Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with sooo many Copics....I have a pile of them on my desk, and I will try to list them all below!  :)  The sentiment is actually from the So Grateful stamp set and I stamped it in more of the Tuxedo Black ink. 































I just love all of the details in this image....the two different cups, and several blooms....petals....buds....just what any rose lover would want, don't you think?  :)  





























So that is all for my card today but some of my Bloomie sisters have created some beauties for you to check out.  Make sure you leave a little blog love while you are there too!  I thank you so much for stopping by, and I hope you will come back again soon.  Until next time, take care!  :)


Cindy Lawrence    
Katie Sims <------You are here 
Stacy Morgan 



~Katie


4 comments:

  1. What a happy day for sure, and such a beautiful card to express your gratitude! I absolutely LOVE your shading in the background, and you always have the prettiest card designs. It takes a village of Copics, doesn't it? Gosh, now I feel like coloring Power Poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Katie, I love that all the stamped image is on the card - a great idea for me to use

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I am so thankful to God that your mom celebrate her five-year anniversary with her oncologist! Praise God! And what a beautiful and stunning card for her doctor. I know she will love it! Yes, I love these darling little cups with the roses. I love the stitching, the coloring, and (as always) your beautiful layout! Have a beautiful day, sweet friend! Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing for your mom! Mine is working on almost 25 years since her breast cancer. Your card is exquisite course that's no shocker. Everything you make is perfect. I'm sure it was oooo'd and ahhhh'd over by her physician. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete